Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Foot and Ankle Clinics
- Epidemiology of ankle arthritis: report of a consecutive series of 639 patients from a tertiary orthopaedic center.Iowa orthopaedic J. 2005; 25: 44
- Comparison of health-related quality of life between patients with end-stage ankle and hip arthrosis.JBJS. 2008; 90: 499-505
- Comparison of practice patterns in total ankle replacement and ankle fusion in the United States.Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34: 1486-1492
- A brief history of total ankle replacement and a review of the current status.Med Eng Phys. 2007; 29: 1056-1064
- Total ankle replacement (author's transl).Revue de chirurgie orthopedique et reparatrice de l'appareil moteur. 1980; 66: 527-530
- History and evolution in total ankle arthroplasty.Br Med Bull. 2009; 89: 111-151
Cifaldi AJ, Barton EC, Roukis TS, et al. Total ankle replacement based on worldwide registry data trends. InPrimary and revision total ankle replacement 2021 (pp. 13-27). Springer, Cham.
- History of total ankle replacement in north America. InPrimary and revision total ankle replacement.Springer, Cham2021: 3-12
- Total ankle replacement design and positioning affect implant-bone micromotion and bone strains.Med Eng Phys. 2017; 42: 80-90
- Wear characteristics of conventional ultrahigh-molecular-weight polyethylene versus highly cross-linked polyethylene in total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2018; 39: 1335-1344
- Preoperative planning and surgical technique: how do I balance my ankle?.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 244-249
- Incidence of complications during the surgeon learning curve period for primary total ankle replacement: a systematic review.Clin Podiatric Med Surg. 2015; 32: 473-482
- Ireland and the Isle of Man 2021. National Joint Registry 18th Annual Report. National Joint Registry | 18th Annual Report. [Online].(Available from:)Accessed 5 May 2022)
- The outcome of total ankle replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95: 1500-1507
- Revision of the aseptic and septic total ankle replacement.Clin Podiatric Med Surg. 2013; 30: 171-185
- Osteolytic cysts with total ankle replacement: frequency and causes?.Foot Ankle Surg official J Eur Soc Foot Ankle Surgeons. 2015; 21: 75-76
- On the failure of total ankle replacement: a retrieval analysis PhD Thesis, University of Leeds.https://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/20588/Date accessed: April 19, 2022
- Clinical outcome and fusion rate following simultaneous subtalar fusion and total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2016; 37: 696-702
- Force and motion analysis of the normal, diseased, and prosthetic ankle joint.Clin orthopaedics Relat Res. 1977; : 189-196
- A three-year prospective comparative gait study between patients with ankle arthrodesis and arthroplasty.Clin Biomech. 2018; 54: 42-53
- GAIT analysis in patients operated with a novel total ankle prosthesis.Gait & posture. 2009; 30: 132-137
- Comparative gait analysis of ankle arthrodesis and arthroplasty: initial findings of a prospective study.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 282-289
- Investigating the relationship between ankle arthrodesis and adjacent-joint arthritis in the hindfoot: a systematic review.JBJS. 2015; 97: 513-519
- Multi-segment foot kinematics during gait following ankle arthroplasty.J Orthopaedic Research®. 2022; 40: 685-694
- Comparison of multisegmental foot and ankle motion between total ankle replacement and ankle arthrodesis in adults.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 1035-1044
- Differences in gait and stair ascent after total ankle arthroplasty and ankle arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Int. 2021; 42: 347-355
- Total ankle replacement provides symmetrical postoperative kinematics: a biplane fluoroscopy imaging study.Foot Ankle Int. 2022; 43: 818-829
ISO 22622:2019(en) Implants for surgery — Wear of total ankle-joint prostheses — Loading and displacement parameters for wear-testing machines with load or displacement control and corresponding environmental conditions for test.
- Simulation of polyethylene wear in ankle joint prostheses.J Biomed Mater Res B: Appl Biomater. 2007; 81 (The Japanese Society for Biomaterials, and The Australian Society for Biomaterials and the Korean Society for Biomaterials): 162-167
- Meniscal wear at a three-component total ankle prosthesis by a knee joint simulator.J Biomech. 2007; 40: 1871-1876
- Influence of kinematics on the wear of a total ankle replacement.J Biomech. 2017; 53: 105-110
- Influence of crosslinking on the wear performance of polyethylene within total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2015; 36: 369-376
- Force-controlled dynamic wear testing of total ankle replacements.Acta Biomater. 2015; 12: 332-340
- Influence of implant size on the wear performance of a total ankle arthroplasty.InOrthopaedic Proc. 2020; 102 (The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery): 64
Smyth A., Wear of a Total Ankle Replacement PhD thesis, University of Leeds, Available at: https://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/19367/.
- The influence of design, materials and kinematics on the in vitro wear of total knee replacements.J Biomech. 2005; 38: 357-365
- Analysis of failed ankle arthroplasty components.Foot Ankle Int. 2019; 40: 131-138
- Damage patterns in polyethylene fixed bearings of retrieved total ankle replacements.Foot Ankle Surg. 2021; 27: 316-320
- Long-term results of scandinavian total ankle replacement.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 723-731
- Development and experimental validation of a finite element model of total ankle replacement.J Biomech. 2014; 47: 742-745
- Malalignment of the total ankle replacement increases peak contact stresses on the bone-implant interface: a finite element analysis.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2022; 23: 1-9