Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Foot and Ankle Clinics
World Health Organization n.d, Available at: https://www.who.int. Accessed December 1, 2021.
American Burn Association--Fact Sheet n.d, Available at: https://ameriburn.org/who-we-are/media/burn-incidence-fact-sheet/. Accessed December 1, 2021.
American Burn Association n.d, Available at: https://ameriburn.org. Accessed December 1, 2021.
- Outpatient burn management.Surg Clin North Am. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suc.2014.05.009
- Outpatient burn management.Nurs Clin North Am. 1997;
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons n.d.(Available at:)
- Burns of the feet.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2002; 19: 109-123
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention n.d, Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/safechild/images/cdc-childhoodinjury.pdf. Accessed December 1, 2021.
- Epidemiology of burns throughout the world. Part I: distribution and risk factors.Burns. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2011.06.005
- Handbook of burns: acute burn care.. 2012; 1https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-0348-7
- Risk and protective factors for fires, burns, and carbon monoxide poisoning in U.S. households.Am J Prev Med. 2005; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2004.09.014
- Foot burns: Epidemiology and management.Burns. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2006.11.014
- An epidemiologic study of elderly burn patients in Ain Shams University Burn Unit, Cairo, Egypt.Burns. 2003; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-4179(03)00071-8
- Immune dysfunction in patients with diabetes mellitus (DM).FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 1999; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0928-8244(99)00142-X
- Infections in diabetic burn patients.Diabetes Care. 2004; https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.27.1.229
- Frostbite: a practical approach to hospital management.Extrem Physiol Med. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1186/2046-7648-3-7
Basit H., Wallen T.J. and Dudley C., Frostbite. [Updated 2021 Nov 5]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing, 2022. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK536914/n.d. Accessed December 1, 2021.
- Initial management of a major burn: II—assessment and resuscitation.BMJ. 2004; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.329.7457.101
- Management of burn wounds.Dermatol Clin. 1993; https://doi.org/10.1016/s0733-8635(18)30223-7
- Cold treatment of burns.Burns. 1982; https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-4179(82)90056-0
- Care of outpatient burns.Fourth Ed. Total Burn Care, 2012https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-1-4377-2786-9.00006-0
- Burn injury pain: the continuing challenge.J Pain. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpain.2007.02.426
- Burn pain management: a guideline-based approach.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1988; 19: 151-159
- The healing of burn wounds.Dermatol Nurs. 1996; https://doi.org/10.1016/s0094-1298(20)30546-0
- Management of blisters in the partial-thickness burn: an integrative research review.J Burn Care Res. 2006; https://doi.org/10.1097/01.bcr.0000191961.95907.b1
- How to manage burns in primary care.Can Fam Physician. 1993;
- Should burn blister fluid be evacuated?.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1990; https://doi.org/10.1097/00004630-199001000-00020
- Outpatient management of burns.Am Fam Physician. 1992; 45: 1321-1330
- The effect of a honey based gel and silver sulphadiazine on bacterial infections of in vitro burn wounds.Burns. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2012.09.008
- Honey as a topical treatment for wounds.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD005083.pub4
- Comparison of a hydrocolloid dressing and silver sulfadiazine cream in the outpatient management of second-degree burns.J Trauma - Inj Infect Crit Care. 1990; https://doi.org/10.1097/00005373-199007000-00016
- The role of ActicoatTM with nanocrystalline silver in the management of burns.Burns. 2004; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-4179(04)90000-9
- ABC of burns: management of burn injuries of various depths.Br Med J. 2004; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.329.7458.158
- Biologic and synthetic skin substitutes: an overview.Indian J Plast Surg. 2010; https://doi.org/10.4103/0970-0358.70712
- Treatment of burns in the first 24 hours: simple and practical guide by answering 10 questions in a step-by-step form.World J Emerg Surg. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1186/1749-7922-7-13
- Compartment syndrome of the lower leg and foot.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-009-0891-x
- Skin substitutes: current concepts and a new classification system Substitutos cutâneos: conceitos atuais e proposta de classificação.Rev Bras Cir Plast. 2011; 26: 696-702
- Skin graft vascularization involves precisely regulated regression and replacement of endothelial cells through both angiogenesis and vasculogenesis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000201459.91559.7f
- Infection in burns.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2016; https://doi.org/10.1089/sur.2013.134
- Comparison of complications during rehabilitation between conservative and early surgical management in thermal burns involving the feet of children and adolescents.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1988; https://doi.org/10.1097/00004630-198801000-00024
- Wounds and malignancy.Adv Skin Wound Care. 2003; https://doi.org/10.1097/00129334-200301000-00014
- Thirty-one cases of Marjolin’s ulcer.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2003; https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2230.2003.01210.x
- Aggressive squamotous cell carcinoma originating as a marjolin’s ulcer.Dermatol Surg. 2004; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2004.30072.x
- Hypertrophic scar with contracture over the fourth toe secondary to snake bite wound: to salvage or amputate?.Cureus. 2020; https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.9451
- Reconstruction of foot burn contractures in children.J Burn Care Rehabil. 1993; https://doi.org/10.1097/00004630-199301000-00009
Zhang L., Labib A. and Hughes P.G., Escharotomy. [Updated 2021 Oct 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing, 2022. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482120/n.d. Accessed December 1, 2021.
- Burn rehabilitation: Dimensions of the problem.Clin Plast Surg. 1992; https://doi.org/10.1016/s0094-1298(20)30942-1
- Reconstruction of the burned foot.Clin Plast Surg. 1992;
- Hypertrophic burn scars: Analysis of variables.J Trauma - Inj Infect Crit Care. 1983; https://doi.org/10.1097/00005373-198310000-00009
- Surgical management of burn flexion and extension contractures of the toes.J Burn Care Res. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1097/BCR.0b013e3182a368fc
- Reduction of the incidence of amputation in frostbite injury with thrombolytic therapy.Arch Surg. 2007; https://doi.org/10.1001/archsurg.142.6.546
- The use of intravenous tPA for the treatment of severe frostbite.Burns. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2017.01.013
- Frostbite of both first digits of the foot treated with delayed hyperbaric oxygen: a case report and review of literature.Undersea Hyperb Med. 2014; 41: 65-70